Fibre adapter and tape SAN

Tony Stocker akostocker at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:38:02 PDT 2001

Derek,

I don't have much to offer you yet on this subject.  I've just begun to set
up our beowulf and am currently dealing with "birthing" pains.  However we
also have Qlogic 2200 fibre channel cards for our slave nodes that we plan
on hooking to a SAN switch (in our case it's a Gadzooks switch) so that we
can access a SAN attached RAID.  As we get to the point where we hook them
up to the SAN I'll let you know what our progress is.

Just FYI we're attempting to use the Scyld beowulf distro for our cluster
and it's built on RH 6.2 and has at least some version of the Qlogic fibre
channel controller built in because it recognized and loaded the driver on
the host node when the FC card was installed.

-Tony Stocker
akostocker at hotmail.com
OR
astocker at tsdis.gsfc.nasa.gov