Fibre adapter and tape SAN

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman bropers at lsu.edu
Tue Oct 9 14:05:57 PDT 2001

Derek,

This isn't what you want to hear, but I couldn't help but commenting.

We run IBM RS/6000's (AIX) and have used Fibre Channel cards, into and
IBM 2109, connected to both IBM's ESS (SHARK) SAN and an IBM 3494
Automated Tape Library (ATL) with 6 IBM 3590E1 tape drives.

The system works beautifully. I couldn't be happier.

Unfortunately, I've not yet been able to play with connecting Linux
boxen into this fiber switch. As far as I know, you're on your own. If I
ever get to try it, I'll let you know (and vice versa would be nice :).

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman                   (225) 578-0461 (V)
Systems Administrator                     (225) 578-6400 (F)
Office of Computing Services              brian at ropers-huilman.net
High Performance Computing                http://www.ropers-huilman.net/
Fred Frey Building, Rm. 201, E-1Q                             \o/
Louisiana State University                      --  __o   /    |
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1900                     --- `\<,  /    `\\,
                                                   O/ O /     O/ O