PGI Fortran90+MPICH install questions on Scyld

Woo Chat Ming cmwoo at hkusua.hku.hk
Tue Oct 9 09:31:57 PDT 2001

Dear Scyld fans,

I am new in Beowulf and Scyld. I have a question
on using MPICH+Fortran90 under the Scyld environment.
May I ask any Scyld friends to give me a hand ?
Thank you very much in advance.

Recently we installed a 32-node beowulf cluster and
installed Scyld on it. We also installed PGI compilers
and MPICH libraries. In the final stage when we
tried to run the MPICH executable in the MPICH/examples/basic
directory, the following error message appeared :

[test at hkuhpcc basic]$ pwd
/share/mpich-1.2.2.2-src/examples/basic
[test at hkuhpcc basic]$ ../../bin/mpirun -np 4 cpi
p0_25190:  p4_error: net_create_slave: host not a bproc node: -3
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Success
Connection failed for reason: : Connection refused
Connection failed for reason: : Connection refused
[test at hkuhpcc basic]$

(The /share directory is accessable from any slave nodes.)

Why does this problem occur ? Would you please let me know how can
we solve it ?

The configuratoin procedure of MPICH was :
#CC=pgcc
FC=pgf77
F90=pgf90
FFLAGS="-tp p6"
#CFLAGS="-Msignextend -tp p6 -DUSE_U_INT_FOR_XDR -DHAVE_RPC_RPC_H=1"
./configure \
     -fc=pgf77 \
     -prefix=/share/mpich \
     --with-arch=LINUX --with-comm=bproc  --enable-debug

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Woo Chat Ming,
Computer Centre,
The University of Hong Kong.
Woo Chat Ming                 Computer Centre,
TEL   (852)-2857-8632         Room 1-34A, Old Library Building,
FAX   (852)-2559-7904         The University of Hong Kong.
Email cmwoo at hku.hk            http://www.hku.hk/cc/sp2/index.html
Email cswcm95 at engsvr.ust.hk