Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at
Fri Oct 5 06:49:49 PDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Steven Timm wrote:

> The rsync script is a good idea and something we are thinking
> of implementing--only problem do you handle the
> situation when a node happens to be down during a push?

One solution that I'm using (not for the clusters, but for the several
tens of workstations, some of which run sometimes Windows) is to add a
"pull" to the startup scripts. If it's already up-to-date, nothing will
happen because of the smart syncronization; if it's old, an update takes

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868