ch_p4 asks for passwd after disk crash

Joseph Mack mack.joseph at
Tue Aug 28 09:22:58 PDT 2001

(sorry if this is a dupe)

 I have mpich-1.2.1, with linux-2.4.x/2.2.x mix
 The disk on my master node crashed. Following a restore,
 I find that I'm asked for passwds for the slave machines
 on running mpirun commands like
 mpirun -np 4 foo
 other info
 1. The multiple copies of foo execute properly
 2. I can ssh to all machines without a passwd
 3. I can run commands like
 #ssh -n slave_node date
 and get the date without a passwd
 4. The environmental variables MPI_P4SSPORT and MPI_USEP4SSPORT are set
 correctly on all machines.
 5 when I run
 for each machine I get
 Bad message from machine_name: :Password
 6. serv_p4 -o -p 1234
 is running on all machines (according to ps)
 Does anyone know what I've missed?
 Thanks Joe

mailto:mack.joseph at ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA