another problem! MPICH

Eric Linenberg elinenbe at umich.edu
Fri Aug 3 17:04:01 PDT 2001

okay an update here:

I can rsh into a machine without using a password,
eg rsh snickers, but if I do a "rsh snickers date", then I get a permission
denied error.

the thing is I when I built mpich i did ./configure -rsh=ssh so this should
not be an issue.   But if it is how is one to fix it?  On the other hand if I
do a "ssh snickers date" this works perfectly.

thanks again,
eric