Scyld, beoboot-install

Jon Tegner tegner at nada.kth.se
Tue Oct 24 12:29:59 PDT 2000

I modified beoboot-install, added -n to the line below

if ! bpsh -n $NODE mount -n -t ext2 $DEVICE$part $MNTPT ; then
   echo >&2 "Failed to mount boot partition."
   exit 1
fi

as was suggested in the message from my original post. Problem is
I did the same installation a week ago, and then I did not have to
modify beoboot-install. Obviously I did something different, but I
can't see what...

Even after the modification I get the following message

Beoboot installed on node 0.
Installing beoboot on partition 1 of /dev/hde.
mke2fs 1.18, 11-Nov-1999 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining
whether /dev/hde1 is mounted.

but installation SEEMS OK anyway (can boot without floppies),
problem is I cant run mpi application, mpi_mandel for instance,
gives the following message

p0_1973:  p4_error: net_create_slave: bproc_rfork: -1
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Broken pipe
bm_list_1982:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2

so maybe installation was not complete after all?

/jon