[yellowfin] GNIC help please

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sun Oct 5 11:24:00 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Silicon Jesus wrote:

> I'm currently running a Yellowfin GNIC (Packet Engines) card in my main
> server using a Serverworks chipset and with the card in a 64 bit PCI
> slot.  The NIC is linked into a D-link DES-3225G switch with a fiber
> gigabit module in slot 2.  It seems as though the card does not work at
> all unless I dump it into promiscuous mode with an ifconfig eth0
> promisc at startup.
> Could anyone please tell me if this is caused by the current driver
> included in kernel version 2.4.22 or if it may be an issue of me
> incorrectly configuring the switch.

What version of the yellowfin chip are you using?
You can use 'lspci -v' to find this number.

What does the driver report when the card is detected?

It sounds as if someone modified the driver to remove the errata
correction for the receive filter.

--
Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993