[yellowfin] GNIC II Driver

Jeevan V. Savant jvsavant@mtu.edu
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 16:32:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
	I had similar transmit timeout problem, although the status code
was different.

	Tx status 8000, Rx status 8400

The other obeservations were similar, like tranmit failing after first
12-15 sends. I was using a machine with 2 processors and a SMP kernel
running on it. My problem got solved when I switched to a uni-processor
kernel. Vaguely I remember the problem was due to the way a SMP kernel,
reassigns interrupt vectors, ie it messes it up, so u stop getting
transmit done interrupts, and the driver thinks transmit is failing. The
driver tries to retransmit for 12-15 times and then starts dumping card
registers.

Once I started using uni-processor kernel, the problem got solved.

-g1