Pb with GNIC II cards on Linux boxes

Thierry Priol Thierry.Priol@irisa.fr
Wed Jul 7 07:47:38 1999

--------------314C578F122B46C0BE2CD3AC

We have recently installed a 6 nodes PC cluster using GNIC II cards
for networking. Linux 2.2.7 is running on these PCs with the GNIC II
driver (version 0.14). We have had some errors when transfering
large dataset between machines. The following errors occur during
the transfer (rcp) without crashing the machines.

kmem_free: Either bad obj addr or double free (objp=df708000,
name=size-2048)
kmem_free: Either bad obj addr or double free (objp=df187000,
name=size-2048)
kmem_free: Either bad obj addr or double free (objp=deee3000,
name=size-2048)

We tried to transfer a 40 Mbytes file using FTP but it blocks after few
seconds,
but the machines are still alive.

Moreover we have had a problem with other machines (SUN workstations).
We are
not able to connect to our linux boxes from SUN workstations.

The current configuration of the FDR12 is:

admin>show port
 ---- Full Duplex Repeater Port Configuration ----
 Port Name           Status    Advertise      Current      FlowCtrl
                               Speed/Duplex   Speed/Duplex

    Module 1
 U            Uplink  Enabled   1000/FULL      1000/FULL     SYM
 L            Legacy  Enabled   AUTO/AUTO       100/FULL     AUTO

    Module 2
 1            Port 1  Enabled   1000/FULL      1000/FULL     ASYM
 2            Port 2  Enabled   1000/FULL      1000/FULL     ASYM
 3            Port 3  Enabled   1000/FULL      1000/FULL     ASYM
 4            Port 4  Enabled   1000/FULL      1000/FULL     ASYM
 5            Port 5  Enabled   1000/FULL      1000/FULL     ASYM
 6            Port 6  Enabled   1000/FULL      1000/FULL     ASYM

                     *** GbE LINK STATUS ***
AUTOSENSE ENABLED

Port            Rx/Tx     Link Status               Auto-Negotiation
Status
Uplink          Off       Link Down - no AN         -
Repeater 2/1    On        Link UP   - AN            Flow Control: None *
Repeater 2/2    On        Link UP   - AN            Flow Control: None *
Repeater 2/3    On        Link UP   - AN            Flow Control: None *
Repeater 2/4    On        Link UP   - AN            Flow Control: None *
Repeater 2/5    On        Link UP   - AN            Flow Control: None *
Repeater 2/6    On        Link UP   - AN            Flow Control: None *
*  = Flow Control resolved to other than requested.
** = Flow Control set manually due to no Auto-Negotiation.

I will be very pleased to have some help.

Thanks in advance,

Thierry Priol
--------------314C578F122B46C0BE2CD3AC

begin:vcard
n:Priol;Thierry
tel;cell:+33 (0)6 80 02 91 52
tel;fax:+33 (0)2 99 84 25 28
tel;work:+33 (0)2 99 84 72 10
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:IRISA/INRIA;PARIS
adr:;;Campus de Beaulieu;Rennes;;35042 ;France
version:2.1
email;internet:Thierry.Priol@irisa.fr
title:Research Director
x-mozilla-cpt:;10112