[vortex] Need newest drivers for 3com Fast EtherLink XL 10/100Mb TX Ethernet NIC (3C905B-TX)

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Feb 28 05:17:22 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, River Karl wrote:

> This indicates that my computer is connecting at 10 mbps, but it
> always connected at 100 mbps with Windows and the internet would run
> fine.

Search the archives of this list for "autonegotiation". Most likely
you need to write the EEPROM of the card with either vortex-diag or
the 3Com DOS-based tool to set media type to "auto" or "nway".

> Also, the card is currently showing up as a 3C905B and not a
> 3C905B-TX like it did with windows.

That's fine. What counts is the way it identifies via the PCI ID, not
the name that the driver associates with it.

> I have heard the solution to this problem is getting the latest
> drivers for this card.

Where did you hear that ?