[vortex] 3c905B WOL troubleshooting

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 24 02:21:23 PDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Martin d'Anjou wrote:

>     append="acpi=off apm=off enable_wol=1"

This would constitute the kernel parameters (command line), while...

> I read the notes about it say enable_wol=N1,N2,N3,..., but what are
> actually these N's and what values should I put there?

... the documentation mentions "enable_wol" as a driver option. So,
you should instead have in /etc/modules.conf something like:

alias eth0 3c59x
options 3c59x enable_wol=1

N1,N2,N3 in the definition of enable_wol mean values (0 or 1) for the
corresponding 3c59x driven card, in case you have several cards of
this type in the same computer, for example:

alias eth0 3c59x
alias eth1 3c59x
options 3c59x enable_wol=1,0

will enable WOL only for eth0.