[vortex] 3c905CX-TXM

aurelius.baier@unifr.ch aurelius.baier@unifr.ch
Thu Jan 30 11:39:01 2003

Hi,

I've got a problem with my 3c905C. I want to use wol, but it works only, when
I shutdown the computer with Windoze (or boot the computer and before booting
any os press the power-button again). I searched on the Internet (above all
groups with google) to enable wol on my card. I added the line
options 3c59x enable_wol=1
to the file /etc/modules.conf. The driver is loaded as a module. I tried
vortex-diag but was not able to use it, the same with mii-diag. I can't find
an option to enable wol. I heard about ethtool and tried to use this tool,
but there I see the message:

susanne:/ # ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
No data available

When I use this tool on the other computer (PII on AsusP2B with a RealTek
8139) it shows all the information and I can use the programm to change the
settings.

Why it doesn't work with the 3c905CX-TXM? Any hint?

Thanks Aurel