[vortex] 3c905C-TX : not working in 100Mbps / Full Duplex ?

Emmanuel Viennet emmanuel.viennet@lipn.univ-paris13.fr
Thu Jan 9 10:39:01 2003

Thank you.

In fact, one of the card was in 100/FD and instead of NWAY autoneg.

I reset the EEPROM settings to Autoneg. and now it seems to work.
I have still some problems with other systems, but I need to investigate
more...

By the way, what is the best diagnostic program for the 3c905C-TX ?

I tried mii-diag from http://www.scyld.com/diag/
and it seems to display incorrect information.
vortex-diag -mm  (found on the same site) seems to work.

Is there a reason why mii-diag (which is included by many linux
distribution) does not include the functionnalities of vortex-diag ?

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Viennet
LIPN - Institut Galilee - Universite Paris-Nord