[vortex] 3c920 in Dell docking station

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon Feb 24 06:14:01 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Uncle George wrote:

> I have a laptop port replicator that has a 3c920 ( so the docs says ) in
> it. The RH linux 8.0 does not recognize the ethernet device ( it does
> recognize the scsi device in the port replicator ( to quell the bridge
> not working issues )

Does it show up in /proc/pci or when running 'lspci'?
If not, it's not a driver problem but a problem activating the bus bridge.
If it does, then please report the PCI ID and what driver version you
are attempting to use.

> THere is no mention of the 3c920 at the (normal) 3com site. It may be at
> the OEM/plz login site.

If it's a OEM ID, the 3Com-written will not work.

There is no unique features on the 3c920 -- it's just a regular 3Com chip.