[vortex] Re: 3C905-C troubles

Ruben van der Leij ruben@blacklisted.nl
Mon Feb 17 14:32:01 2003

+++ Thomas Jalsovsky [17/02/03 17:03 +0100]:

> 	On one side I have a 10M interface [eth2] to a wireless box. On
> the other side [eth0] I have Cisco Catalyst 2900XL switch in VLAN 802.1q
> trunk configuration.

So you are running a vlan-capable driver, and not the 'stock' 3x59x-driver?

> 	I found your posting on the internet about the problems with
> forced configurations. Unfortunately autonegotiation does not work, so I
> have to use forced settings.

Try the trick with booting from a DOS-disk, using the 3com config- and
testprogram for resetting your card and saving that to EEPROM. All regulars
on this list have described the procedure in the past, so it should be
archived.

--
Ruben van der Leij

DeVries' Dilemma:
	If you hit two keys on the typewriter, the one you don't want
	hits the paper.