[vortex] building netdrivers on Linux/X86

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Sep 19 15:47:01 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, George Luft wrote:

> Thanks, Donald.  That worked perfectly, but I guess I still can't get past
> this unresolved symbols issue, though.  Can you offer any insights?
>
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/cb_shim.o

I just have not yet figure out when cb_shim should be compiled.  It's
not needed with the in-kernel PCMCIA support, but is needed with the
external PCMCIA package.

> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/net/pci-scan.o

Hmmm, now this is a real symbol problem.

What does 'insmod pci-scan' report?