[vortex] 3C905B-FX SC REV-A link problem

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Nov 7 11:51:01 2002

On 6 Nov 2002, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 19:49, Donald Becker wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> >
> > > When an interface based on this card, using the 3c59x driver, is brought
> >
> > What driver version?
> Umm, is this what you're looking for ?
>     LK1.1.18ac 01Jul02 akpm
>      - Fix for undocumented transceiver power-up bit on some 3c566B's
>        (Donald Becker, Rahul Karnik)
>
> This is from the 3c59x.c file as distributed with RedHat Linux 8.0
>
> > > up, mii-tool version 1.60 reports no link, even though the card works
> >
> > Does 'mii-diag' work?
>
> Sorry, I don't have mii-diag on that particular machine, and I don't
> want to mess with the default RedHat install, because it's a production
> machine.

Hmmm, I don't understand why you are reluctant to get the proper tools
for tracking down the problem.  Red Hat has no problem shipping broken
drivers (see many of the other driver mailing lists).

Good luck with your problem.