[vortex] Re: Problems with 3c59x driver network adapter stops working

Ruben van der Leij ruben@blacklisted.nl
Tue Nov 5 21:24:01 2002

+++ Malcolm Scott [05/11/02 16:08 +0000]:

> > > I had a few problems with autonegotiation with the Vortex driver, and
> > > the 3Com driver fixed them.

> Ruben van der Leij has replied off-list with a hint. He suggests I use the
> DOS utility to reset the card's EEPROM. I'll post the results here when I've
> tried it.

At a certain point I had well over a hundred 905C's in production, and many
would fail to autonegotiate with Cisco switches. Just 'restore to defaults'
and save would fix those problems.

It would seem that there's a difference in opinion between the drivers and
the cards point of view as to what 'factory defaults' exactly is. :)

--
Ruben van der Leij

scribline, n.:
	The blank area on the back of credit cards where one's signature goes.
		-- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends