[vortex] Cyclone 3c905b Combo problems word with 2.2.20 but not with 2.4.7

Petter Strandh petter.strandh@telia.com
Thu Jan 31 15:12:00 2002

Hi!

The last few days I have been battling with my 3c Cyclone Combo Card...

The Computer Intel 800 PIII on a intel 815 board. With the network card
in question.

All has been working fine for the part year running a RH6.2 with a stock
2.2.20 kernel... I have been trying to migrate to a RH7.2 with the
2.4.7rh kernel.

At first there where no network response everything was fine execpt no
communication no RX count. Since I am on a BNC net adding
options 3c59x options=0x203
things works... BUT. its slow and can't handle any traffic. an ftp
transfer will almost halt...

Is there a generic problem with the module 3c59x in the 2.4.7 kernel
range.??

Will moving to the next avaiable redhat kernel cure my problem?

It can be a possible icq since its shared with USB. but even
removing(rmmod)  the usb stuff will not do anything to the problem.

Please this is really driving me nuts...... I am getting desperate.... :-)

Best Regards
    Petter Strandh