[vortex] 3c905B transmit timeout problem

Andrew Morton akpm@zip.com.au
Tue Jan 29 16:07:01 2002

dbohling@newsfactor.com wrote:

> Hi all. I gather someone else is having a similar problem on this list,
> mine seems to be related.

All seems to be fairly normal, except it refuses to transmit.

> Jan 29 09:15:30 maillist kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
> Jan 29 09:15:30 maillist kernel: eth1: transmit timed out, tx_status 00
> status 8600.
> Jan 29 09:15:30 maillist kernel:   diagnostics: net 0cd8 media 8880 dma
> 0010021a.

Interesting that the real-time carrier sense bit is not set in
the media diagnostic register.  But then, it often is not.

Are you able to replace the cabling?