[vortex] Tyan Thunder K7 S2462 Dual 3c59x

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jan 14 11:07:01 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Anyone have any experience using the 3c59x driver on a Tyan Thunder K7
> S2462 with the 3c59x driver? Using Thunder K7 Bios version 1.09.

Not really. I have Tiger boards with 3Com boards...

> The RedHat 7.2 3c59x driver finds and works with the first port just
> fine. However I can't get the second port to work. It's listed on the
> pci bus with a device ID of 9807 and has resources allocated.

Please make sure that you have something like:

alias eth1 3c59x

in your /etc/modules.conf, which should have been added either by hand or
by some network setup tool (like "neat").

If you do have this, then please show us the output from "lspci" and
detection messages written by the driver in /var/log/messages.