[vortex] Unable to change duplex settings with 3c595

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Aug 15 07:51:01 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Lance Stringham wrote:

> I have an old pentium pro 200 that I have been messing around and I am
> having problems setting the duplex settings of card. I have tried using
> insmod option=0x204 and full_duplex=1 both seperately and together but
> to no avail.

Please add 'debug=3' to your insmod line and send us the relevant lines
(starting with "ethx:") from the system logs.

You should also get mii-diag from

ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/diag

and check media settings after the module is inserted and initialized
(after ifconfig).