[vortex] Re: vortex 3c982, 3C90x etc

Thomas Mierau tmi@wikon.de
Wed Aug 14 05:17:01 2002

Am Dienstag, 13. August 2002 19:51 schrieb Bogdan Costescu:

> I don't believe that the NICs or the driver are responsible for such
> behaviour. Most likely there's an APIC misbehaviour or something strange
> with the PCI bus.

Neither do I !
I just found a brand new BIOS (beta) Version on the TYAN home-page.
This seems to solve the problems.
Now suddenly you can choose the MP 1.1 or 1.4 Version, the APIC is beeing
used, MP tabels are beein built up and are used.
The DPT Raid goes to IRQ16, eth0 to IRQ17 and so on. The  Ping time is around
0.14 ms on both ports and the number of IRQ's seems to be in a quiet good
range (less than 10 Mio in a min).
I will try to configure the system completley and will start to bring up the
other devices like the AIC7xxx etc.

Thanks a lot so far

Thomas