[vortex] Sorry to trouble you, I wonder if you could help me.

BIWU.XIE biwu.xie@mic.com.tw
Wed Apr 17 23:34:02 2002

Dear Boqdan,

       Thank you for your help and kindness. Now I know more about MAC
loopback and PHY loopback. :-)

	Exactly how to do remote loopback control is an issue. somebody is
trying to decide.  In general, a signal is sent to the other end of the
link.  That signal may be carried within the preamble bits or within an
Ethernet control frame.  The signal is intepreted by the far end as an
indication to go into loopback mode, where either bits or frames are
received and then echoed out the interface.
	I want to know what your idear about that?

	You know that the MAC loopback test occurs before the transceiver,
while the PHY loopback occurs after the transceiver.

So I have another detail questions:
How to decide the  MAC loopback test and the PHY loopback test success or
failed?

Best regards.

Biwu.xie