AW: [vortex] Slow connection in local domain

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 11:36:57 -0400 (EDT)

I seem to have let out a bogus version of mii-diag!

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Andrew Morton wrote:
> "Suikat, Reiner" wrote:
> > mii-diag -v
> > mii-diag.c:v2.01a 5/15/2001 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)

Note that this is a very new version.
I didn't realize that I had copied this version to the FTP site -- it
must have been picked up with some of the other updates.
This version was intended only for internal testing.

> >  http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
> >  MII PHY #24 transceiver registers:
> >    3000 782d 0040 6174 05e1 0021 0000 0000

This is normal -- you have sensed a 10baseT (implicitly half duplex)
connection.

> > The autonegotiated capability is 0000.

Hmmm, obviously bogus.  As are all of the following conclusions.