[vortex] hardware TCP/IP checksum

Pierre Phaneuf pp@ludusdesign.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:52:05 -0500

Donald Becker wrote:

> > Does the 3Com Vortex driver for Linux supports the TCP/IP checksumming
> > using the card ASIC?
>
> Old version of 3c59x.c do not, but the driver has supported it for several
> years.

Really? This means that the version in current Linux kernels (2.2 and
onward) have it, or do I have to download a different line of drivers?

> Keep in mind that the checksum hardware was only added with the 905B.

I guess that if they brag about it on the box, it's in (I'm looking at
the 3c920, which used to be something else I don't remember)...

> Donald Becker                           becker@scyld.com
> Scyld Computing Corporation             http://www.scyld.com
> 410 Severn Ave. Suite 210               Second Generation Beowulf Clusters
> Annapolis MD 21403                      410-990-9993

Hmm, competition! I work for HNSX Supercomputers... :-)

--
Pierre Phaneuf
http://www3.sympatico.ca/pphaneuf/