[vortex] 3c905B-TX and Mandrake 7.2

Ognjen Jevremovic oggie@bigfoot.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 04:11:27 +0100

At 02:27 15.02.2001, Andrew Morton wrote:
>Ognjen Jevremovic wrote:
> >
> > Right now, I get about 45kb/sec in LAN, withouth going through any gateways
> > or anything.. and that sucks.
>
>Probably someone has been playing with your NIC's EEPROM.
>
>Please send the messages which the driver puts into /var/log/messages
>when it is loaded and when the device is opened.
>
>And try putting
>
>         options 3c59x options=8
>
>in /etc/modules.conf

Thanks man.
I ran the config utility that comes with the latest drivers for the card.
Switched it to auto nagotiate for all media type and speed, and now my
Mandrake is running 100 mbit full duplex :)
Also changed to that options line, but withouth configuring the card, it
didn't help.
I am thankful for the help :)

Best regards,
Ognjen.