[vortex] eth1: 3Com Vortex at 0x6000, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, IRQ3 :(

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj.lisa@t-online.de
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 21:23:06 +0100

jon707@kollegiegaarden.dk wrote:

> > jon707@kollegiegaarden.dk wrote:
> > >
> > > i have a EISA 3c597-TX that doesnt work. I suspect it is because it gets
> > > the MAC address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff.
> >
> > Oh, well, you're experiencing an eisa config problem. I nailed
> > my last eisa board on the wall. Can't tell you, how to get your
> > eisa setup right under linux. I remember those huge, ugly and
> > cryptic dos configurators. I would suspect, that /etc/conf.modules
> > is your friend.
>
> So you're telling me that getting EISA to work is HARD and cumbersome ??
> I might as well just plug a pci ne2k into it then, there is pci slots,
> (and currently a ne2kpci to have access to the machine) Rather than
> spending hours waisting my time trying to get a EISA to work that doesnt
> work ??

No, telling you, that I never tried to setup EISA under linux...
BTW: an io addr of 0x6000 seems bogus. Try fiddling around with it.
Does the ne2kpci work?

hp

--
ATTENTION: You have moved your mouse!
Please reboot to make this change take effect...