[vortex] 3c590 troubles

Mike Paige Michael.Paige@Colorado.EDU
Fri Dec 7 12:47:01 2001

yeah, I thought it was possible that the EEPROM might not be giving the
right results, except for the fact that both nics have the exact same
problem.  They are very consistent about it too...  at boot time the
internal register is 1020012, but after boot time, it is always 102001b.
Seems strange that two nics would perform in exactly the same manner on
two different machines and have it be a hardware problem.  At least I have
a fix for the problem, perhaps this will help someone else too.

Thanks,
Mike