[vortex] Strange issues with 3COM cards on Linux - DHCP oddities.

Joe Rouvier joe@netli.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:31:21 -0700

That sounds like a problem with the switch not starting to forward traffic to
your box fast enough after the link gets reset.  Try adding the PortFast
option to your cisco config.

Also, see this doc: