[vortex] 3c900 -COMBO Media Type Problems

Dohan dohan@WPI.EDU
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:00:00 -0400

I have tried a few setting with the mii-diag program. Am I supposed to be
using the -A or the -F flag? I can't seem to change the line that says
"Speed fixed at 10 mbps, half-duplex".  I am also trying to get the DOS
config working, no luck with that yet...figures :)  Anyways, this is the
feedback from mii-diag. Maybe this will help.

root@linux:/home/dohan/3c90x-1.0.0 > ./mii-diag
Using the default interface 'eth0'.
Basic registers of MII PHY #0:  0000 ffff 0000 ffff 0000 ffff 0000 ffff.
 Basic mode control register 0x0000: Auto-negotiation disabled, with
 Speed fixed at 10 mbps, half-duplex.
 Basic mode status register 0xffff ... ffff.
   Link status: established.
 Remote fault detected!
   *** Link Jabber! ***
 Your link partner advertised ffff: Flow-control 100baseT4 100baseTx-FD
100baseTx 10baseT-FD 10baseT, w/ 802.3X flow control.