[vortex] 3Com 3c556B

Louis Gerbarg gerbal@rpi.edu
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:37:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Louis Gerbarg wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > > Louis, are there still problems with the resetting of
> > > the device, or has that turned out to be a non-issue?
> >
> > Yes. I have some idea of how to fix them, though I need to get my hands
> > one to fiddle with a little more, I will try to it later tonight or
> > tomorrow. I have one question:

Okay, I now have a fix, I will send it out as soon as I clean it up a bit.
I have one more question though:

On the initial version I set a bunch of flags based on (relatively good it
would appear) guesswork. I have been tracking down and correcting the ones
I had wrong, and I think I have them all except for HAS_NWAY.

I am unsure if I should be using HAS_MII or HAS_NWAY. Both work. I thought
that NWAY was only on older cards, and new ones used an MII, but a bunch
of cards I would have thought were MII based use HAS_NWAY.

Any help would be appreciated.

Louis