[vortex] Mini-pci 3c555

Fred Maciel fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:02:04 +0900

Dear David,

> I have a Micron (Transport NX) with a base station that includes a built
in
> network card (a mini-pci 3c555).

Can you send me details abou it?

> However, when I try any 'real' service
> - ftp, http, telnet, I am unable to get anything to work to or from the
> machine. Here is the dmesg output on boot up:

Please see
http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/vortex/2000-September/000600.html
for the cause, and try the driver ("version 2217") at
http://www2.neweb.ne.jp/wd/fbm/3c556/
and tell me if it works on your base station (it works on both Hitachi Flora
220CX and Gateway Solo 3150). And please don't forget to read *carefully*
the instructions attached to this driver... :-)

> [...] turn off plug & play bios support - not a option with
> the Micron's bios). [...]

The 3c555 usually needs PnP to be turned off, but since the driver you tried
has found the IRQ and I/O of your adapter, the driver above *might* also
work even with PnP on. Please give it a try.

Regards,

                         Fred Maciel
                         E-mail  fred-m@crl.hitachi.co.jp

Disclaimer:
I don't speak for Hitachi,
I don't know who speaks for Hitachi,
I don't want to know who speaks for Hitachi.