[vortex] 3c59x.c update

Andrew Morton andrewm@uow.edu.au
Wed, 24 May 2000 21:40:01 +1000

An request for interested parties to try out a small update
to the 2.2.x kernel's 3c59x.c driver.

       http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/#3c59x-2.2

There is no patch there - it is the entire .c file.  It should compile
in any 2.2.x tree.

    - In boomerang_rx(), convert the Rx ring buffer 'for' loop so
      that it correctly handles 2^32 packet wraparound. (Identified by
      Donald Becker).

    - Replace union wn3_config with open-coded ANDs, ORs and
      shifts.  This is necessary because the sparc64 compiler packs its
      bitfields in reverse order.  (Worked out by Pete Zaitcev, Peter
Jones)

    - For Vortex on PowerPC, use insl_ns/outsl_ns instead of insl/outsl
      (Andreas Tobler)

    - In vortex_error() when we've decided to do a transmit reset,
      and in vortex_tx_timeout (Vortex only):

      Clear dev->tbusy for faster Tx recovery (otherwise we may
      have to wait for a Tx timeout).

    - Suppress EEPROM checksum error message for Cyclone cards (copied
      from Donald's latest).  Still need to work out a proper fix
      for this.

Thanks.

--
-akpm-