3c575 bug w/ full duplex mode

Christoph Moar christoph.moar@alpin.it
Mon May 1 03:22:38 2000

Hello Andrew,
all,

I checked my configuration again and found out the following:

when I use the laptop and boot windows NT, the card that does
full-duplex goes into full duplex mode shortly after the
hardware abstraction layer is booted (blue screen).
It goes into full duplex mode and stays there (I can see that
from the switch).

The other card - the "half duplex" one - goes into half duplex
mode in the beginning. Only when the nt login screen comes up,
I can see the card going off-net for half a second, returning
in full duplex mode. It stay in full duplex for 1-2 seconds,
then it goes off-net again and back into full duplex again.

It looks like this card does have something strange, doesnt
it? Just that the windows nt driver somehow manages to reset
it to full duplex mode correctly.

Thanks

Christoph.

--
Dipl. Inform. Univ. Christoph Moar             tel +39 0471 711037
alpin gmbh srl                                 fax +39 0471 711319