[vortex] 3c590 on PowerMac

Sebas sebastia@elektron.its.tudelft.nl
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 15:10:18 +0200

Hello,

tried to alter module manually...... failed!
tried to use options 0x13.. failed!
patched module 3c59x.c only..... failed!
patched and compiled the whole kernel...... kernel panic!
compiled patched module in original kernel... WORKED!!!
compiled patched module as a module.... WORKED!!!

So, after all, everything works. I think it is enough to compile only
the patched module, because it is seperated from the rest of the kernel.
I do not know why it did not work the first time I tried this (step 3).

Thanks for all the help (can I finally close the computers)...

Greetings,
Sebastiaan