Bus Mastering etc.

Kevin Ford kevin.ford@natpower.com
Mon Feb 14 06:59:31 2000

I finally got the card working after much tweaking in the BIOS, although
according to the manual it is all full bus mastering slots, it only works
from the one PCI slot no matter how much tweaking I do on others, the slots
themselves seem OK as my graphics card works fine....

Then, after doing a network Mandrake install (which didn't work properly,
but not the NICs fault), I attempted to restart the installation, and now it
doesn't see the server again. Pinging from the server lights the activity
light, but I get 'no connection established' errors, in the dmesg log I can
see something about a value it changes from 0 to 32 (can't remember
specifically what it is) but I wondered whether anyone had seen anything
like this before and whether or not it could be the problem?

Kevin Ford
NT Support
x2064