[vortex] help with 3com nic

Nathan Kontny n_kontny@yahoo.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 05:49:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, i need help here to. It looks like my ethernet
card isn't configured properly but I don't know what
to do.

I am using the 3c59x driver for a 3com 3c900B card.
when i read dmesg|more i see that the driver was
initialized but is using an irq=0 and has some other
stuff with it. :

3c59x.c:v0.99H 11/17/98 Donald Becker
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html
  The PCI BIOS has not enabled the device at 0/80.
Updating PCI command 0013->0017.
eth0: 3Com 3Com Boomerang (unknown version) at 0x1080,
 00:01:02:44:e1:1f, IRQ 0
 *** Warning: IRQ 0 is unlikely to work! ***
  8K byte-wide RAM 5:3 Rx:Tx split,
autoselect/Autonegotiate interface.
  MII transceiver found at address 24, status 182d.
  Enabling bus-master transmits and whole-frame
receives.
PCI: Enabling bus mastering for device 00:0a
usb-ohci.c: USB OHCI at membase 0xcb857000, IRQ 11
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
usb.c: USB new device connect, assigned device number
1
hub.c: USB hub found
hub.c: 2 ports detected.

ok, so then i try and do:
 ifconfig eth0
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr
00:01:02:44:E1:1F
          BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING  MTU:1500
Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          Base address:0x1080

i do ifconfig eth0 irq 5 (since in windows it says the
nic is at this irq) and i get:

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

Any ideas guys on what to do?