[vortex] compile 3c90x.c with smp option

Mengqiu Zheng mqzheng@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:21:46 GMT

I was trying to install the NIC(3com 3c905c) driver for my Redhat6.1 with
dual processors using the source file ( 3c90x-1.0.0i.tar.gz ) downloaded
from 3com.

Since it is a dual processor machine, I need to add "-D__SMP__" for SMP
support.  But it always shows the error msg as:

/usr/include/asm/smp.h  "APIC_BASE" undeclared
                        "APIC_ID" undeclared

If I don't add "-D__SMP__" as the compile option, I could get the source
file compiled, but after I run "insmod 3c90x.o", it will prompt error as:
3c90x.o  kernel-module version mismatch
3c90x.o is compiled for kernel version 2.2.*.mdk
while this kernel is version 2.2.13-7mdksmp

I also tried to downloaded 3c90x.c from ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/,
which seems to be the latest version of this driver, but the error in smp.h
always prompt out if I apply the smp option. Is there any problem with my
Redhat installation for this machine? How can I get rid of the error msg for
using smp compile?

Thanks a lot.

Mengqiu