autonegotiation trouble

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Sun Mar 7 20:09:17 1999

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 FOTIOS_KOTSIOPOULOS@HP-Australia-om5.om.hp.com wrote:

> For autonegotiation to work both devices need to be set to AUTO.
> If autonegotiation fails, then you'll need to force both devices to 100/full or
> 100/half duplex.
> Use the 3C905B configuration utility under DOS.

Having never booted DOS on the systems in question, I've not run the
3C905B configuration utility.  Do the cards default to forced 10mb
half-duplex?  The 2924xl normally does autonegotiate unless told not to.

----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________