autonegotiation trouble

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Sun Mar 7 16:32:35 1999

Is there some reason using 3c905B's plugged into a Cisco 2924xl switch,
that I should see 10mb half-duplex negotiated?  According to the switch,
that's what I'm getting.

Kernel is 2.0.36, driver is 0.99E.

eth0: 3Com 3c905B Cyclone 100baseTx at 0xec00, 00:10:5a:e6:9b:84, IRQ 15
  8K byte-wide RAM 5:3 Rx:Tx split, autoselect/NWay Autonegotiation interface.
  Enabling bus-master transmits and whole-frame receives.
3c59x.c:v0.99E 5/12/98 Donald Becker
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html

I saw a message in the list archives about using the DOS config program to
tell the card to use 100mb FD...is / should that be that necessary?

If I just tell the switch to force the port to 100mb FD, I lose contact
with the system on that port.  I haven't tried rebooting the system after
forcing 100mb FD on the switch.

----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________