[tulip] End of the free PCI vendor/device list

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Jan 16 23:34:02 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Greg Trounson wrote:

> From: Greg Trounson <gregt@maths.otago.ac.nz>
> To: tulip@scyld.com
> Subject: [tulip] End of the free PCI vendor/device list
>
> A rather worrying article at slashdot this morning:
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/01/16/180209

My reading of this story is that web page used the PCI logo, not just
word "PCI".  This use of the trademark allowed the notice letter to
"carry along" the otherwise allowable use of "PCI".

> Do the tulip developers use this resource?

This is situation unfortunate, but the list had many inaccurate or
just-plain-wrong entries.