[tulip] Re: [tulip-bug] tulip_cb and Netgear FA511 CardBus error

Robert W March RWMarch@sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 15 15:13:01 2003

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Felix Wong wrote:

> I have been trying to get a Netgear FA511 CardBus Ethernet
> 10/100 card
> to work on an HP Pavilion N3478 Laptop running RedHat 7.3
> without success.
>
> I downloaded tulip.c, pci-scan.c, pci-scan.h and
> kern_comp.h, compiled
> and install and get the following error (from dmesg):
>
> -------------
> Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
> PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:0a.0
> Yenta IRQ list 0028, PCI irq11
> Socket status: 30000827
> cs: cb_alloc(bus 2): vendor 0x1317, device 0x1985
> PCI: Failed to allocate resource 0(1000-fff) for 02:00.0

And Donald wrote ...
"
This is the problem -- it occurs before any card driver is loaded.
The 3.1.22 card services is trying to allocate a huge amount of space --
(unsigned)-1.

Try updating your PCMCIA code.  (Did 3.1.22 really ship with RH7.3?)
"

Yes.  It did.  I can confirm this based on my RH7.3 system.

Question:  Before building and installing the pcmcia-cs-3.2.3.tar.gz package,
should the RH rpm be erased?  The PCMCIA-HOWTO does not address this
question.

-Robert

--
                                  Robert March