[tulip] Conexant Lanfinity COMBO doesnt send anything

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat Jan 4 01:20:00 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Adriano Carvalho wrote:

> I have a problem with my tulip driver.
> I use slackware linux 8.1, with kernel 2.4.20 , and I have a conexant
> Lanfinity COMBO, at Compaq 1400 laptop.

What is the driver version?
What is the detection message?

> The driver tulip of kernel 2.4.20 works here, it loaded, but when I
> try ping other machine, it just send 46 bytes and stop.
> eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:4C:69:6E:75:79

This is clearly not a working driver... that address means that the card
was not correctly initialized.

The unmodified driver from Scyld should work correctly.