[tulip] Tulip and PowerPC endian issue?

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sat Feb 1 07:36:01 2003

On 31 Jan 2003, Jim Rowe wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 16:31, Donald Becker wrote:
> > Hmmm, we are still not seeing the status messages.  There should be
> > messages for every interrupt and received packet.
> >
> > Are you getting a non-zero interrupt count in /proc/interrupts?
>
> I'm not getting any interrupts. The CardBus PC card is eth1, interrupt
> 30:
>  30:          0  IBM UIC Edge      Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II, Ricoh Co Ltd
> RL5c476 II (#2), eth1

OK, this is a sure indication of a CardBus or APIC IRQ mapping bug.

While it could possibly be masking an additional problem with the
driver (I doubt it), the primary problem is with the kernel's IRQ mapping.

The usual solution is to pass "noapic" to the kernel.  If that doesn't
work, revert to an earlier kernel version.