[tulip] How do I increase setup_delay?

Trevor Fraser trevor@systematic.co.za
Sun Oct 6 14:53:01 2002

Hello all.

I'm still having problems trying to get my pcmcia ethernet card to work on
Red Hat 7.3.  I am using the pcmcia package version 3.1.22. I am considering
sending a bug report, but I am not convinced this is a bug by the error
messages I get.

This is the scenario:

I type:
[root@tlaptop root]# service pcmcia restart
and I get this error (and a high beep followed by a low beep):

starting PCMCIA services: modulesYenta IRQ list 08b8, PCI irq 9
Socket status: 30000827
Yenta IRQ list 08b8, PCI irq 9
Socket status: 30000007
cs: socket c0c84800 timed out during reset.  Try increasing setup_delay
    cardmgr.

 How do I increase setup_delay?

 Regards,
Trevor Fraser.

 Red LinX - Business network and server management and support.
Tel: +27 (0)21 555 3866
Fax: +27 (0)21 552 9299
Cell: +27 (0)83 337 7714
E-mail: trevor@systematic.co.za
Snail-mail: P.O. Box 55 156, Sunset Beach, 7453.