[tulip] Compaq Presario 1700 EA

. . libogen@hotmail.com
Tue Jun 4 12:49:02 2002

See my post at http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-tulip/2002-Apr/0033.html

There was one typing mistake.

The sentence read "install -m 644 pci-scan.o driver.o" but it should read
"install -m 644 pci-scan.o tulip.o"

It works but a perfect solution would be to rebuild the kernel.

Anyway, I created a mini shell script so that I just type "tulip" after
logging-in as root to get the NIC working.

Good luck,
Scrumpy :)

From: "Tomas Andersson" <serial69@loke.d2g.com>
To: tulip@scyld.com
Subject: [tulip] Compaq Presario 1700 EA
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 07:31:08 +0900

Hi...I need help with my Compaq Presario 1700 notepad...i cant get the NIC
work. I am a beginner when it comes to Linux, so if someone can help my to
a "step by step" how to install the Tulip drivers i would be really
happy.The
network card is a card with a Conexcant chip. In windows it says its
a "Compaq 10_100MiniPCI Ethernet NIC".I have Slackware 7.2, 8.0, Redhat 7.2,
7.3 Mandrake 8.2, so any of theoose distros i can use.

--
Tomas Andersson
PHP - MySQL Programmerare