[tulip] problem with the compilation of the driver tulip

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Jul 10 19:37:00 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, stefano danovaro wrote:

> I have a Conexant NIC lancard on compaq presario whit debian kernel version
> 2.2.19.
>
> I make the download of the driver, I compile them with me kernel-header, but
> when I make insmod tulip.o I obtain this result:
>
> teto:/lib/modules/2.2.19/net# insmod tulip.o
> tulip.o: unresolved symbol unregister_netdev_R7a9c8d4f

You didn't use the header files for the kernel you are running.

> tulip.o: Note: modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use GPLONLY_
> symbols

What driver version are you trying to use?  The MODULE_LICENSE("GPL")
entry was added v0.94 1/28/2002 to avoid this bogus warning message.