[tulip] AT-2800TX, I give up

Gert Doering gert@greenie.muc.de
Wed Feb 20 19:03:01 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 03:41:35PM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Hrm... this card is brand new so I do not want to do anything irreversible.
> > So it seems like "open the case" is out of the question.  But I'll give it
> > a very close look tonight to see whether it can be bent open with out
> > actually destroying the case.
>
> This card costs $56 from c-source.com:
> http://www.c-source.com/csource/newsite/ttechnote.asp?part_no=050795

Warning!! This is NOT the "v2" card.  The v2 has a much smaller plug
cable -> card edge, and the LEDs are on the card itself, not on the plug.

>From the description I've read, this could be an AT-2800TX rev. 1.

*making photo* ...

http://greenie.muc.de/~gert/at2800tx-1.jpg
http://greenie.muc.de/~gert/at2800tx-2.jpg

ugly photo... placing card on scanner... better.

http://greenie.muc.de/~gert/at2800tx-3.jpg

> Maybe a couple list members could pitch in a few dollars via paypal to buy
> donald one so he can dissect it and get it working? That is, if donald is
> willing.

If someone explains to me how paypal works *and* finds a source of the v2
cards, count me in.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de